Saturday 1 September 2012

Sunday Stampers - Week 220 - Green Tambourine

This is going to be a very speedy post this week - I haven't even had time to blog hop & look at all the lovely works of art this week - will have to do a mega catch-up next week.  This week's Sunday Stampers challenge set by Hels is the colour green.  Honestly my tag does have green on it but it's a bit tricky to see! 

I cut a Tim Holtz tag out of black card then inked my favourite flourish stamp (La Blanche) with Versamark then dusted with Perfect Pearls Green Patina (yummy).  I made a rosette (Tim H) out of Fancy Pants card & added a Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 button.  These are gorgeous - I want all of these embellishments!  Next I added a strip of Tim H tissue tape to the base of the tag & adhered the rosette.  The 'with love' sentiment was inked up as above & added to a grungepaper strip covered in tissue tape.  I made the birdcage (TH) & girl tag (Crafty Individuals) out of shrink plastic.  I couldn't stop the birdcage from bowing despite several tries!  At the top I added a black flourish cut from my Silhouette & crinkled up some green ribbon to finish off. 
 
I am off to the Great Bentley Show now & the sun is finally trying to cheer up a rather chilly day.  I love this day with villagers displaying their produce & works of art not to mention the amazing cakes, breads & jams.  The flowers are amazing.  There's a real 'buzz' in the marquee first thing in the morning when everyone is setting out their goodies.  It's such a fun thing to do.  Have a great weekend everyone whatever you are doing. Sx

4 comments:

  1. I like the bowed bird cage - just as in real life it's got a lovely curve to it! Super tag, elegant and atmospheric...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, your tag is just gorgeous, I love the birdcage and the girl and the swirls on the tag are so beautiful. The rosette is a lovely finishing touch too. Hope the show went well. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card Sue. Love the choice of swirls and the green pearl effect is perfect. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB tag Sue, hope the weather stayed nice for you hun. Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete