Tuesday 5 June 2012

Sunday Stamper - Week 208 - Her Majesty

For the Jubilee weekend Hels Sheridan has chosen the theme of Red, White & Blue.  Had to think about this a bit as I did a 'Jubilee' tag a few weeks ago.


For this card I began by scanning  a copy of an original newspaper article of the Coronation. I cut out a 5.5" section & spritzed with Perfect Pearls Biscotti to give the paper a bit of a sheen, inked the edges with walnut stain DI then mounted onto black card.  You can't see much of the article unfortunately.  I then cut out 3 1.5" strips of white card, covered with TH calendar tissue tape & inked with barn door & chipped sapphire DI & picket fence distress stain. I tore the ends & stitched onto the strips with red, white & blue thread. I inked up some plain white card with the same DI's on both sides, spritzed with Biscotti then cut out a Spellbinders flower die & curled the card to make the flower.  Next I stamped the word 'Celebrate' in Momento Paris Dusk & cut out into the banner shape.  I edged this with barn door & chipped sapphire & spritzed with the Biscotti. I placed the flower on the right side & mounted the word banner onto foam & placed beside the flower. I stamped the three crowns with the Paris Dusk & also spritzed with Biscotti, added some gems then mounted onto the white strip with Pinflair gel to give dimention.  Lastly I attached two gem hat pins behind the flower.


What a great weekend of celebrations this has been.  Yesterday I sang in a Choir (our first performance)for the celebrations at Frinton & then in the evening we had a big party on the green here with a band, lots of dancing & a bit of drinking. It was a great day. I hope you have all had a fun time, even with the rain! Sx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, I love the way you have brought this all together, from the original paper to the calendar to show the passing of time and the rose is beautiful as are the colours. It really is superb. A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this is fab, so unique with the newspaper clip too. I do love a good sing-song but I was kicked out of choir for being a bit... erm... tone deaf lol Sounds like you all had a grand time! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete