Sunday 11 March 2012

Grunge motorcycle card

I don't make many cards for men but happen to have made several in the last week with this yummy motorcycle stamp from 'darkroom door'. 


I stamped white card with the motorcycle image and distressed the edges with walnut stain ink from Tim Holtz.  I embossed Tim's 'coredinations' card with his 'rays' embossing folder & mounted the stamped card onto it leaving a bit of a border at the bottom.  I attached a piece of Tim's 'negative' strip to the bottom with a 'screw' brad from Creative Expressions & a metal cog from Tim's embellishments range.  I attached some foam pads to the back of the 'coredinations' card to give some depth to it.  Lastly I mounted it all onto a 6"x6" piece of card from Tim's 'Lost and Found' paper pad.  Phew!  What a lot of Tim's goodies!  The overall effect is quite dark but I like it.  This really is quite a quick and easy card to do, great for emergencies!  I'm kinda fond of this stamp as it reminds me of my Grandad & Dad's old workshop in London.  Happy days!


Variations on a theme ...



No comments:

Post a Comment